Insurance Carrier Links
9100 Arboretum Parkway
North Chesterfield, VA 23236-3493
North Chesterfield, VA 23236-3493
Financial and Economic Brief - March 20, 2018
• Rate Hike Strategy - Jerome Powell, chairman of the Federal Reserve, heads toward his first interest rate increase this week.
• Retail Companies against Tariffs - The Trump administration is preparing tariffs against Chinese information technology, telecommunications & consumer products to force changes in Beijing’s intellectual property & investment practices.
• L’Oreal Purchases ModiFace - L'Oreal has purchased ModiFace, a Canadian firm that specializes in artificial intelligence and augmented reality technology.
Financial and Economic Brief - March 13, 2018
• Jobs Grow in February - According to ADP and Moody’s Analytics, companies added 235,000 jobs in the month of February.”
• Change to China’s Constitution - On Sunday China's parliament amended the constitution to remove the limit on the number of terms the president can serve.
• Dropbox Inc. IPO - Dropbox Inc. filed for an initial public offering of 36 million shares, giving the company a value of more than $7 billion at the high end of the pricing range.
Financial and Economic Brief - March 6, 2018
• Trump’s Tariffs - According to Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, President Donald Trump's tariffs are “no big deal.”
• Stocks Continue to Drop - The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell for the fifth straight day as concerns about a global trade war following the President’s threat to impose tariffs kept investors concerned.
• AXA to Acquire XL Group - French insurance company AXA has reached a deal to acquire XL Group for approximately $15.3 billion.
Financial and Economic Brief - February 27, 2018
• U.S. New Home Sales Drop - According to the Commerce Department, new home sales dropped 7.8% to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 593,000 units last month, the lowest level since August 2017.
• Global Stocks Higher - Global stocks went higher this morning, as investors bet the new head of the U.S. Federal Reserve, Jerome Powell, will keep a steady course on policy when he addresses lawmakers this week.
• Stabilizing Oil Prices - OPEC is working on a plan for an alliance with ten “petrostates”, including Russia, aimed at “propping up” oil prices for the foreseeable future.
Financial and Economic Brief - February 20, 2018
• Small Business Confidence High - According to the latest CNBC/Survey Monkey Small Business Survey, Q1 2018 small-business confidence is rising as optimism rises among small-business owners about the newly enacted tax-reform package.
• Siemens IPO - German conglomerate Siemens (SIEGY) said that it plans to sell shares but retain a majority stake in its health care division, Siemens Healthineers, in the first half of 2018.
• S&P, Dow Slip - The S&P and the Dow fell early today after six days of gains, because of disappointing quarterly results from Walmart and a rise in bond yields.
Financial and Economic Brief - February 13, 2018
• Economy “Still Strong” - According to New York Fed President William Dudley, the economy is “likely to continue to grow above its normal pace”.
• Oil Prices Falling - Oil prices fell 10% this week, dropping below $60 a barrel for the first time in 2018.
• Stock Market Up - Wall Street’s main indexes rose for a second day today, fueled by gains in technology and financial stocks.