Financial and Economic Brief - October 4, 2018by © Liberty Publishing, Inc.
• Economy Looks Good - Following Jerome Powell’s description of the U.S. economic outlook as “remarkably positive”, people are wondering how long this “rosy” period might last.
• Canada, Mexico, U.S. New Trade Deal - Canada has agreed to join the U.S. and Mexico in a trade deal that will replace NAFTA, according to officials.
• Honda Takes Stake in GM - Honda Motor Co will invest $2 billion & take a 5.7% stake in General Motors' Cruise self-driving vehicle unit, to jointly develop self-driving vehicles for deployment in ride services fleets around the world.
Financial and Economic Brief - September 4, 2018by © Liberty Publishing, Inc.
• New NAFTA Deal without Canada? - The Canadian dollar fell against the U.S. dollar after President Trump said the U.S. and Mexico could move forward without Canada in a new NAFTA deal.
• China Lures Talent from Taiwan - A veteran engineer of one of Taiwan’s top-tier chipmakers took an offer from a Chinese state-backed chipmaker last year and now oversees a small team in eastern China.
• Tesla’s Stock Price Forecast Slashed - JP Morgan Chase cut its price target on Tesla, causing its shares to briefly tumble.
Financial and Economic Brief - August 7, 2018by © Liberty Publishing, Inc.
• 5% Treasury Yield Warning - JPMorgan Chase & Co. chief executive officer, Jamie Dimon, warned investors that they should get ready for U.S. yields of 5 percent.
• Oil Rises after Production Falls - Oil rose on Monday after Saudi crude production fell in July and U.S. drilling appeared to slow down, although the price is still almost 10 percent below its 2018 high of more than $80 a barrel.
• Pepsi Co. CEO Stepping Down - Indra Nooyi, PepsiCo. CEO, is stepping down but will remain as chairwoman of the board of directors until early 2019.